Region Three recently held a photo contest and the results included several fantastic images that show a variety of tasks that have taken place throughout Daggett, Duchesne, Juab, Uintah, Utah, and Wasatch counties.
Region Three Director, Teri Newell, provided the following thank you to all photo contest participants in the Region Three Fall 2014 Newsletter:
“Pictures of our everyday work help tell the story of what we do. Construction projects are visible to the public when it impacts traffic, but there is so much more that we do behind the scenes! From installing and maintaining culverts to clearing tumbleweeds from roadsides, it is our day-to-day work that makes Utah’s transportation system function. We have the privilege of working in some pretty amazing places with great people!”
Contest winners were:
- Bandon Warenski for his photo of burning weeds on S.R. 68.
- Chad Allinson for his video clip of the tumbleweeds on S.R. 68.
- Brian Allen for his photo series of Provo Canyon.
Honorable mentions include:
- Leslie Beck for photos of tumbleweed clean-up along S.R. 73.
- Mote Siufanua for photos of compaction testing on Hole Road.
- Chad Cowan for photos of culvert installation near Nephi.
- Ervan Rhoades for photos of chip sealing on S.R. 87 in Duchesne County.
A slide show of the images is available below or can be seen directly on Flickr.
Created with flickr slideshow.