TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES THIS WEEKEND – Electronic Sign Installation Project
UDOT will begin installing new overhead electronic signs at three different locations this weekend. Work will take place during nighttime hours. Road closures will go into effect while the signs are hung into place. Each sign is 110 feet long and approximately 26,000 pounds.
Westbound SR-201 @ 900 West
- Starting Friday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m., double lane closures will go into effect on westbound 201 and eastbound SR-201 at 900 West.
- Starting at 1 a.m. that night, the 900 West, 2100 West, and I-80 West to westbound SR-201 ramps will be closed.
- Starting at 3 a.m. that night, the I-15 to westbound SR-201 ramp will be closed.
- Westbound SR-201 will be fully closed from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m.
- Motorists will be directed to 2100 South and I-80 West as detour routes.
Eastbound I-215 @2300 East
- Starting Saturday, Dec. 2 at 8 p.m., a double left lane closure will go into effect on westbound I-215 at 2300 East. A single right lane closure will also be in effect on eastbound I-215 at 2300 East.
- From 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. that night, rolling closures will be in effect on eastbound I-215. Traffic will be stopped for up to 20 minutes at a time, however motorists may exit at 2000 East (Highland Drive) if needed.
- Motorists will be directed to 2000 East (Highland Drive) to Fort Union to 3000 East as a detour route.
Northbound I-15 @ 11400 South
- Starting Sunday Dec. 3 from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m., a left lane closure will go into effect on southbound I-15 at 11400 South. A right lane closure will also be in effect on northbound I-15 at 11400 South.
- Northbound I-15 at 11400 South will be fully closed from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- Motorists will be directed to State Street and 10600 South as a detour route.
All closures are weather dependent. Check the udottraffic.utah.gov or the UDOT Traffic app for current road conditions.