Several of UDOT’s 2017 Top Projects to Open in Western Salt Lake County
New Bangerter Highway interchange to open at 7000 South this weekend; all lanes open on I-215 west belt Monday morning
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) will open several major construction projects this weekend in western Salt Lake County. At a media briefing Thursday, UDOT officials will report back on several 2017 top projects, including:
- The Bangerter Highway Interchanges project: Weather permitting, the new interchange at 7000 South will open Saturday afternoon, leaving one less stoplight for drivers on this busy road. Reporters will have access to the bridge before it opens to the public.
- The I-215 west belt project: On Monday morning, all lanes will open on the I-215 west belt. This $105 million freeway reconstruction project added exit-only lanes in both directions from S.R. 201 to 4700 South and replaced the original pavement with new concrete.
Thursday, Nov. 16, at 9:30 a.m.
Bangerter Highway at 7000 South on the new bridge
Directions: Travel south on Bangerter Highway to just north of 7000 South. Turn left into the project work zone, and follow the instructions from construction personnel to access the parking area.
Personal protective equipment, including hard hats and vests, will be provided and must be worn. Closed-toe shoes and long pants are REQUIRED to enter the construction zone.
- Bryan Chamberlain, UDOT Bangerter Interchanges resident engineer
- Oanh Le-Spradlin, UDOT I-215 project manager
- Timelapse of interchange construction
- B-roll of major construction projects, including “before and after” footage