Solar Eclipse 2017
Today Utah will experience a partial solar eclipse. We want to remind drivers not to have an “eclipse” in judgement during that brief event. Keep the following in mind if you’re driving this morning:
- Don’t stop along the interstate or park on the shoulder during the event.
- Exit the highway to safe location to view and/or photograph the eclipse.
- Don’t take photographs while driving!
- Don’t try to wear opaque eclipse glasses while operating a vehicle.
- Watch out for pedestrians along smaller roads. People may be randomly parking and walking alongside the roadside in the hours around the eclipse to get the best view.
- Prepare for extra congestion on the interstates after the eclipse.
- Avoid travel during the eclipse if you can.
Additional eclipse travel information can be found at: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/eclipse.htm