For Immediate Release
Newly completed project to reduce traffic delays in Layton
UDOT and Layton City project includes innovative ThrU Turns, single-point urban interchange to improve traffic flow
UDOT and Layton City will mark the completion of the Layton Improved project. This includes innovative ThrU Turns on Hill Field Road, a single-point urban interchange, and additional lanes in each direction on Hill Field Road under the I-15.
Representatives from UDOT, Layton City and the Utah State Legislature will speak at the event, followed by a time capsule ceremony. The time capsule will be filled with items symbolizing the partnership between the city, state and business community.
To celebrate the opening of the interchange, many area businesses are offering promotions. Representatives will be on hand to discuss details.
- UDOT Executive Director Carlos Braceras
- Layton City Mayor Bob Stevenson
- Utah legislators (Sen. Stuart Adams, Sen. Jerry Stevenson, Rep. Brad Wilson, Rep. Steven Handy, Rep. Stewart Barlow)
- UDOT project team and business community representatives
WHEN: Wednesday, August 31, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
WHERE: 991 N 400 W, Layton, UT 84041 (Denny’s parking lot)
- Before and after b-roll of Hill Field Road and I-15 interchange
- Time capsule ceremony