UDOT’s Communication Office uses Flickr to share photos of the state transportation system.
Flickr is an easy to use photo platform that provides a way to share visual essays of how UDOT improves the state transportation system. UDOT’s Flickr photostream contains images of media events, conferences, construction and maintenance projects and equipment.
One great feature of Flickr is that photos can be arranged in ordered sets with captions. Those sets can explain a process or show progress on a construction project. For example, this set contains images of the Telegraph Street Bridge replacement in St. George.
Flickr also integrates well with other forms of social media. Slide shows on the UDOT Blog are Flickr sets. Links to photos or photo sets are easy to share by email.
The UDOT Communications Office would like to expand the use of Flickr to include a wider range of photos from across the state so a variety of UDOT activities can be shared among employees, private sector partners, media and the general public.
Send in your photos
Here are some general guidelines for sending in photos:
- Make sure the images are high quality JPEG images that are 1200 x 800 pixels.
- For subject ideas, choose subject matter that shows UDOT’s four areas of focus: Improve Safety, Optimize Mobility, Preserve Infrastructure and Strengthen the Economy.
- Show candid shots of events or work processes. Real life scenes are the most interesting.
- Take photos from different perspectives to get a good overall view of an event or construction or maintenance project.
- Send in photos taken recently.
- Send in a series of photos or a single photo.
- Anyone can send in photos as long as the subject relates to UDOT.
- Photos will be used on Flickr at the discretion of the UDOT Communications Office.
Photos can be sent by email or delivered on a disk or other storage device to the Communications Office at the Calvin Rampton Complex. Please include photo descriptions and your contact information.