February 17th, 2012
LISTENOptimize Mobility, by Catherine Higgins.
Audio files for Utah Transportation Commission meetings are now available online.
Many people need to be informed about commission decisions, including UDOT employees, elected officials and representatives from the Utah Transit Authority. Audio files of transportation meetings, which are held monthly, are now posted on UDOT’s website. Posting audio files is new addition to the website meant to help keep the transportation community and general public informed. Posted audio files are a great time saver for people who have busy schedules and can’t attend or travel to the meeting locations.
As defined by Utah Code 72-1-303, the seven members of the Utah Transportation Commission:
- Determine priorities and funding levels of projects in the state transportation system considering a prioritization of needs provided by the Department
- Determine additions and deletions to the state highway system
- Take public comment about transportation matters at scheduled Commission meetings
- Make policies and rules under the Rulemaking Act, §63-46a, necessary to perform the Commission’s duties
- Approve establishment of tollways for new state highways or new capacity lanes under §72-6-118
- Advise the Department on state transportation systems policy
- Review administrative rules made, amended or repealed by the Department
- Annually review public transit plans. In addition, one commissioner serves s as a non-voting member of the Board of Trustees for the Utah Transit Authority